Skip to main content

Friday the 13th



Yesterday Friday the 13th,  my sister and I traveled to North Carolina. My daughter gets married on Sunday. It's an exciting time in my life. I am so very grateful to God for this blessing.
Yesterday we flew in to North Carolina. It was so cold and raining. We picked up my dress for the wedding. I had mailed in to Young Cleaners in Concord, NC early because I wanted to make sure it would  be pressed and ready for me when I arrived. I was so pleased with the owner Zelda. She eased my worries and it was a pleasure to meet her after talking to her over the phone several times before I felt sure to mail in my dress. 


After we picked up my dress, we drove to the hotel - Homewood Suites by Hilton in Concord. I had called the night before to request early check in. We had woke up very early to begin our travel day. I was so happy when the room I selected was ready and we were able to get settled in. I texted my daughter to let her know we were here and to let me know the time and place to meet for our nail appointment. Our suite was very nice. Equipped with dishes and plates everything you need for an almost week stay. My sister and I decided to go to the store and buy snacks, water, and things to have in case we got hungry. Some odds and ends. We were at the store when I received the text from my daughter with the information. Yesterday was a wonderful day. We got pedicures and our nails done. I saw my daughter and chatted with her while she got her nails done. We had dinner with her friend whom also flew in from Lehigh. Making new memories. Reconnecting. I was so happy. My sister meet some of her fiance family. My sister was happy as well. After we had dinner with my daughter and her friend, we drove back to the hotel. It was still raining. We got to the hotel and went to bed early before 10pm lol.
I woke this AM at 4:48am and did my Sadhana. Feeling so blessed I wanted to share the amazing first day I had. Today we are off to the mall. My sister has to get her dress and shoes. Hopefully meet up with friends. Making memories. It was funny, all day we were asked if we were twins. I had bought my sister and I the same sweaters to wear. We were twinning yesterday. And everyone said we looked like twins and alike. I reminded me of our childhood. My mom would dress us the same. lol 
Blessed Saturday my loves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Butterfly

You are a beautiful  butterfly, you are a star in the sky, when I will see you I think I will be shy to look in your eye but I will give it a try.  You are so kind, your beautiful heart isn't easy to find, I will never forget you will always be in my mind, till the day I will die. You are a beautiful butterfly.  You have a beautiful face which I had never seen in any other place, since I have been following you I became a hopeless case. Believe me I don’t try to lie. You are a beautiful butterfly.  I keep thinking of you day and night, you turned all the darkness in my life into light, your love makes me see everything shining and bright. Your love makes me think that I can fly. you are a beautiful butterfly. Unknown

Self Improvement ~ Goals & Dreams

Bad or Good

  Choices. We've made bad ones. We've made good ones. I stated "we've" because I too have made bad and good choices. I have learned from those choices.  I am about to share some important life journey lessons and how you can move forward living a happier more fulfilling life.  The first thing you must recognize and accept are your choices. No matter how old you are once you become an adult - there is no one to blame but yourself. STOP blaming the life, your mom, your dad, your family etc. At some point in your life, you made life changing choices.  I share this because of experience. When I was young I blamed others for my life. It wasn't until I began to grow and learn. I realized I (me, myself, & I) attract ALL the events that had happen to me. I choice this experience for a reason. I had to go through this for a purpose.  Second, you must learn to forgive. Forgive everyone and most importantly forgive yourself. Once again, I share this fr