Skip to main content

My First Cupping Experience

Cupping therapy is a form of alternative medicine in which a local suction is created on the skin. Cupping has been characterized as a pseudoscience.[1] There is no solid evidence that it has any health benefits, and there are severe concerns it may be harmful to the epidermal, circulation and nervous system.
Resource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupping_therapy 
Today I had my first cupping experience at Well Kneaded Massage Therapy & Skin Care located in Fort Myers, Florida.  One of the members at MAX'D Out Fitness Center whom also worked part time at the fitness center with me. Katie is a massage therapist and a cupping therapist. I heard of cupping, done my research, and had seen photos. I knew I would have marks. I was a bit nervous and excited to experience cupping.  Last year I tried acupuncture. As a Mind-Body Wellness Practitioner,  I love alternative methods such as massage, cupping, acupuncture, reiki, crystals, and sound healing for my well-being.
Katie did really well at making feel comfortable. Since I had done my research I felt confident.  It honestly did not hurt. It felt like a gentle pinch. She placed them along my spine. She ran them down my spine.  It felt a little tighter when she did my legs. I could bare it though. Overall, it was a really nice experience. With so many benefits like deeper relaxation, reduce pain, loosen muscles, increase energy flow. I will be scheduling another session next month.  Besides the round circles on my back which will fade away.  They may look bad, there is a slight of discomfort, but nothing that would keep me from doing this again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Butterfly

You are a beautiful  butterfly, you are a star in the sky, when I will see you I think I will be shy to look in your eye but I will give it a try.  You are so kind, your beautiful heart isn't easy to find, I will never forget you will always be in my mind, till the day I will die. You are a beautiful butterfly.  You have a beautiful face which I had never seen in any other place, since I have been following you I became a hopeless case. Believe me I don’t try to lie. You are a beautiful butterfly.  I keep thinking of you day and night, you turned all the darkness in my life into light, your love makes me see everything shining and bright. Your love makes me think that I can fly. you are a beautiful butterfly. Unknown

Self Improvement ~ Goals & Dreams

Dark Night of the Soul

About 3 years ago, I went through the dark night of the soul. I was going through my spiritual awakening. Experiencing many symptoms since 2009 which at the time I really didn't know what was happening to me. I knew I was changing. I knew I was awakening as I began reading and searching for answers as to my experiences. As I continued to grow, heal, and fully move into servicing others in my mission.  I remember the dark night. The dark night of the soul feels like your heart is literally coming off of your chest. The dark night of the soul feels like your in a dark empty space. The dark night of the soul feels like the tears will never end. The dark night of the soul feels like you can't breathe. The dark night of the soul feels as if no one truly knows the pain deep within. I have felt the dark night of the soul. I have been up close and personal with the dark night. Sitting right in front of the dark night of the soul. For about 3 months I was dancing with the dark nigh